Wednesday 28 July 2010

Eating my Shoe





Photos by John Boursnell

An ode to Charlie Chaplin... a few weeks ago I ate my shoe at the Norwich Arts Centre Cafe. This was the public premiere of my new performance 'Twice Cooked'.
Twice Cooked is about the complex and ritualistic means in which we partake in eating, and how we give and receive nourishment. The piece was inspired by experiences working within care, and the kinds of food related conversations and procedures I observed. In Twice Cooked, I am exploring the notions of hosting, forcing, surviving, and a fine line between caring and over-sugaring.

Twice Cooked was part of a programme of site-specific works by other/other/other artists on Saturday 3rd July's Live Art Event. Locating our works in every nook and cranny of the Norwich Arts Centre, the audience found themselves making use of the building in alternative and unusual means. We had a good audience number and I have to say they ventured into every kind of participating activity with enthusiasm. The only drunk and disorderly came from a strange and shadowy figure in the corner of the bar...the elusive, unbilled and deceased 'Jimmy Stewart' who once lived in Norwich (aka performance artist extraudinaire Rebecca Wigmore)



As usual, for more information follow this link: http://www.otherotherother.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment